Washington New Armed Security Guard Training & License Info Requirements
In Washington, the Public Protection Services Department of Licensing issues security guard licenses. If you carry a firearm while on duty working for a licensed private security guard company, you must have an armed private security guard license. You must complete all training and licensing requirements for an unarmed security officer in Washington too.
To be licensed as an armed private security guard, you must:
- Be licensed as an unarmed private security guard.
- Be at least 21 years old.
- Have a current firearms certificate issued by the Washington State Criminal Justice Training Commission (WSCJTC). For a list of firearm instructors, visit the WSCJTC website.
How to Apply
Apply directly to the security guard company you wish to work for. To apply, submit all of the following:
- A completed Private Security Guard License Application.
- A non-refundable application of $121 ($111 + $10)
- 1 completed fingerprint card.
- If you’re an alien resident, proof of your alien firearm license.