Unarmed Security Guard Renewal Requirements in Pennsylvania
For an individual guard license issued through a court petition, the initial license length is 2 years. However, after that the county can set the renewal time up to 5 years.
- PA Security Guard License Type: Varies by county
- PA Security Guard License Length: 2-5 years
- PA Security Guard Licensing Authority: County courts
- PA Security Guard Licensing Code: Private Investigator Act of 1953
- PA Security Guard Licensing Website: Check your county’s website
- PA Security Guard Licensing Phone Number: Check your county’s website
- PA Security Guard Licensing Address: Check your county’s website
- PA Security Guard Fingerprinting & Background Fees: $0
- PA Security Guard Renewal Fee: $58 (typical, cost varies by county)
- PA Security Guard License Renewal Issuance Fee: $0-200
- PA Security Guard Courses before You Renew Your Security Officer License: None required
Security Guard License Renewal Process
The procedure for renewing your security license varies somewhat by county, but the general procedure is similar in all counties. The fees charged vary by county.
Renew Your Security Guard License through a Private Security Company
The procedure for renewing your license that you got through your employer is unclear. Because your employer is responsible for your conduct while on duty, most security guard companies will periodically review and check the recent criminal history of any guards it employ.
Renew Your Individual Security Guard License
If you got your license through a court petition, to renew your license:
- Completion of Renewal Form including current/active phone number(s).
- Letter stating you are still in compliance with the Private Detective Act.
- Certified check or money order made payable to the Clerk of Court in the amount $258 (individual – $200 license/$58 processing).
Unarmed Security Guard Training Requirements in PA for License Renewal
No state or county level training required to renew your license. However, your employer may have continuing education or refresher security classes it requires you to take each year.