Security Guard License Renewal, Updates & Replacements
Security Guard Renewal Application
- Renew Every: 2 years
- Fee: $50
- Renewal Form: Download renewal form
- Payment Types Accepted: Check or money order
- Payable To: State of Alaska
Your renewal application must be received by the Alaska Department of Public Safety at least 30 days before your license expires to give time for the processing and return of your renewed security guard license before your current license expires. You security guard license renewal form must be notarized. Include with your renewal:
- A complete list of the security companies you have worked for during your current license period.
- An affirmation that you have, during the period of licensure, complied with the requirements of Alaska Administrative Code 13 AAC 60.050.
- Proof of competency with a firearm demonstrated during your annual practice firing review.
- If you are an armed security guard, an affidavit that you have not been and are not now disqualified from possessing a firearm, including as a condition of probation or parole.
If any of your information changes on your security guard license application, submit to these changes to the Alaska Department of Public Safety. Report your change of employer within 5 days after the change, unless the change of security guard agency occurs as a consequence of a change in the ownership of the company you’re working for. The Change of Status form must be notarized.
We didn’t find any process for replacing your security guard license, if you should lose it or it becomes damaged. Ask your employer or the Alaska Department of Public Safety how you should replace your security guard license.