Security guards are called security officers in Florida. The terms security officer and security guard are used interchangeably.
Florida New Unarmed Security Guard Training Requirements
- FL Security Guard License Type: Security Officer Class D License
- FL Security Guard License Length: 2 years
- FL Security Guard Fingerprinting & Background Fees: Sheriff’s office = $35+, Division of Licensing = $42 and Live Scan = $55+
- Security Guard Application Fee: $0
- Security Guard Application License Fee: $45 (only if application approved)
- Security Officer Courses before You Apply for a Security Officer License: 24 hours (Cost varies $170 to $360)
Temporary Security Guard License
You may work as an unarmed security officer after you submit your completed Class D application. If your application is deemed incomplete, an Error or Omission letter will be sent to you and your employer. Your employment must be terminated until the problems outlined in the letter are resolved.